Sunday, November 10, 2013

Tuesday, November 5


Today was a pretty boring day at school. I don’t know why but I was in a bad mood like all day. Maybe because I was tired from the night before. During lunch, the list of candidates for the student government election who hadn’t brought in the mechanical bull the week before took their revenge and brought in a group of tropical drummers to dance around the school and drum. It was really entertaining and it reminded me a lot of the mosh pits we used to have in marching band after football games.
After school I came home and worked on my blog for a while, and then I went for a run, showered, and ate dinner with my family.
Later at night, I Skyped with Emily (now it’s a 5 hour time difference between us), and she told me that she and a bunch of my other friends from the US are feeling really abandoned by me. I haven’t been very good about responding to their texts or making time to Skype with them. It was a real wake up call for me because I had been so busy being angry at them for not paying attention to me that I forgot that the phone works two ways. They were just as hurt as I was. It was pretty sad to see how much we have drifted apart in just 3 months, but now that we got it out in the open and we both know how the other is feeling, I think things are going to get a lot easier. I am going to start making a much bigger effort to make time for my best friends in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment