Friday, November 29, 2013

Sunday, November 24

Today I woke up super late and then showered (another cold one) and got ready. I ate breakfast, helped fold up the chairs and tablecloths from the night before, and then ate lunch (but I didn’t really eat because I had eaten breakfast like an hour before). Then Nicole, Caro, and I went over to the swing set outside and sat in the sun and talked for like 2 hours. They are so super great and really want to make me feel welcome. They seemed like they really cared about everything I had to say and all my stories from the US. They just kept asking me things and I answered them all. Then Maxi and Felipe came over and we all talked a bunch. I have such a great time with them and we always laugh so much. I hope I get to go back to the country with them (yes I’m willing to endure the gross bug bites and cold showers) in the summer because they’re really great. I was sad when I had to say goodbye to all of them, and then we got on the road back to Santiago to drop off Caro and her mom. I was pretty tired by the time we got to Santiago and I just wanted to go home and sleep, but then my parents decided to go visit some old friend who lived nearby. We were there for about an hour and didn’t leave until 9:30. I slept in the car on the way back to Rancagua. We got back to the house around 11 and were greeted with a big surprise. Like 10 family members were there waiting to greet us because they had been in Rancagua for the baptism of my cousin that we hadn’t been able to go to that weekend. I was so dead tired, but it was nice to see some friends (Javiera and Pedro) that I hadn’t seen since I went to the countryside in September. They told us all about the baptism and we looked at pictures while we ate some pan de Pascua (typical Chilean Christmas cake that my mom makes like every night now). I was pretty pissed off that they were staying so late and very confused as to why they hadn’t left yet because it was a school night for all of us. Around 1, I couldn’t handle it anymore and I excused myself to go to sleep. Javiera came into my room about an hour later and slept with me because it was way too late for them to drive two hours back to their house in Talca but  I barely even noticed because I was so dead tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment