Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday, November 3


Cata and I knew we had been tired the day before, but we didn’t know quite how tired. We didn’t wake up until noon! When we woke up, we went downstairs and ate breakfast, and then we went outside and talked while enjoying the sun and the heat. I tried to ride her brother’s unicycle, but that didn’t go so well. Later, her mom called us in for lunch, and although I wasn’t really hungry since we had just had breakfast, I ate a little and talked to her whole family (her two brothers were there too and this was like the first time I had met them). Everyone was so kind to me, they all asked me questions, listened to what I had to say, and made jokes at my expense like I was really part of the family. I really feel comfortable with Cata’s family, and I don’t know why but I feel like I can talk to them about anything. After lunch, Cata had to study for a test, so I went outside to paint my nails and read my book. Before long, Cata’s parents joined me outside and we had like a 2 hour conversation. I didn’t get bored at all, and I really like talking to them. Then Mary came out with her flute and played a little for me, and I taught her a few things and played for her. It was really fun. I like playing the flute, and I like the opportunities that music gives me to become closer to people. After a while, Cata finished studying and came out to talk to us. Her mom decided to go to the grocery store, and Cata, Mary, and I went with her. Cata and I looked around at the books in the Jumbo, and then we walked around the other shops nearby. A new makeup store just opened up, so Cata was really excited and went in and bought some moisturizer. We went home and watched TV for a while, and then we played Mario Party. I lost terribly. Around 9, my family came back from Talca and picked me up. I got home, showered, dried my hair, and then we sat down to have dinner together. I had lots of stories from Vina to tell them and they had stories from Talca to tell me. It was weird having been away from them for like 4 days! After we finished eating and talking, I wasn’t really tired since I had woken up at noon, but I knew I would have to wake up early for school the next day, so I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment