Thursday, April 3, 2014

Thursday, February 27

Today I woke up to find that my dad had forgotten to pay the electricity bill, so we were once again without light or internet. I went for a run, then took a shower and played with my little cousins for a while. We ate lunch of porotos, and I don’t really like porotos, so I asked for a small portion. Nancy served me a big portion anyway and told me that I had to eat it all. When I was full and didn’t want any more, I left the rest on my plate, and Nancy told me that even though I was full, I still had to finish the food. I don’t understand why she made me eat all the food when I told her I didn’t want it and that I was full. I felt out of control and like a very little child again, and I really didn’t like it. I ate the food without making a huge stink about it, but I just kept thinking how this traces back to the lack of respect this family has for their kids. After lunch, I helped Nancy and Tia Paula to completely clean out Nancy’s taller.
Around 4:30, I walked over to the Jumbo to meet Pablo. We went to the center to pick up my cell phone from the place that had fixed it, and then took a collectivo to his house. We talked for a while and watched Batman and It’s Kind of a Funny Story. Batman is his favorite movie, and It’s Kind of a Funny Story is mine, so we decided to exchange them. It was awkward because we watched Batman in English without subtitles, and Pablo still had to explain some parts of it to me. Guess he speaks better English than I do. Around 11:30, Pablo walked me home, and after watching some TV with the family, I went to sleep. I had a lot of fun with Pablo today. I’ve probably said this before, but he is one of the few people here who understands my sense of humor. I never have to worry that he’ll just stare at me like I’m crazy when I tell jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment