Thursday, April 3, 2014

Sunday, March 23

Today I woke up late and chilled and wrote in my blog for a while. Then Nancy and I went to the Jumbo to look into getting me into a new phone. Since I only have about 4 months left here it really doesn’t make sense to get me a plan, so I’m just going to buy a super cheap prepaid phone and put money on it when I need to. I didn’t end up buying one because we found out that there was a place in the center that sold them for cheaper. We went home and almost immediately left to go back over to our cousins’ house. This time it was for an asado. We got there and they started cooking the meat. Tio Mario made French fries, and we all sat around eating them with this great salsa that’s a mix of ketchup and mayo. Then the meat was ready and they all had anticuchos (kabobs) of meat and I had one of chicken. After lunch, Vale, Joaquin, and I went upstairs to finish watching the movie that we had started on Friday night. We ended up having to start it all over again, and there were so many problems with the internet loading, that it took us like 4 hours to finish the movie. It was amazing though; a really powerful movie about a family who has to find each other after a tsunami hits Thailand. After the movie, we went downstairs to find that everyone was sleeping and that Monse, Laurie, and Vicente had gone out to ride bikes. Vale had to study, so I took another bike and went to ride around the neighborhood and find the kids. It only took me like 10 minutes to find them because they were at the main park. We played on the equipment at the park, and I showed them how to do cartwheels and headstands and bridges. We had a great time. Then around 9 we rode back to the house to find once served and ready. Maxi called Nancy over Skype because he had met up with my mom that day in Venice Beach, and it was the weirdest thing ever to be sitting next to Nancy and looking and Maxi and my mom together on the other side of the camera.
I’m really glad my mom got to meet him, and that he got to meet her. I think they had fun together. I was almost jealous of Maxi though, seeing him there with my mom, being close enough to hug her, and also seeing him riding in my car (I still really fricken miss my car). We ate and drank some tea, and by 9:30 I was itching to go home, shower and go to sleep. Around 9:45 we said goodbye to everyone, drove the 5 minutes home, and I did exactly what I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment