Thursday, April 3, 2014

Sunday, March 2

Today, the last day of summer, I woke up late. I went out to sit and watch movies with Monse while I worked on my blog. I was just kind of feeling like a lazy day was what I needed, so I didn’t even shower until like noon. Then I helped Nancy make homemade empanadas (I wrote down the recipe so all you gringos will be able to try them too), and while they were in the oven cooking, I Skyped with Ana. I had to hang up when my family called me for lunch, and we all sat outside together and ate empanadas de pino. Then I had about another hour to relax before Sally came over. I hadn’t seen her in such a long time, and so I was excited to catch up! It was also the first time I had spoken to someone in English (not over Skype) in over a month, which I count as a personal win. She arrived and we went to my room to sit and talk, and then after like 5 minutes, Eric came in and asked us for our help with something outside.
I followed him out the back door, and when I got outside, Katie W, Katie H, Nicolo, and Louis were all standing there with a cake and they started singing happy birthday to me in Spanish. I was literally so surprised I couldn’t even believe it. We cut up the cake, and they gave me hugs and presents. It was so nice to be with them again after so long. I had wanted to hear how they’d been doing. Also, we’re just a really good group together.
We laugh so much, we support each other, and we always have a great time even when we’re not doing anything important. We just sat around, talked, ate cake, ate the mini pizzas my mom made us, and then walked to the Jumbo for a little while. I had a great time with them, and even though it sucked that they stayed so late on the night before I had to wake up early for school, they made me feel so special that I couldn’t be mad at them! After Louis finally left around 10:30, I showered, dried my hair, got my clothes and backpack ready for school, and went to sleep around 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment