Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tuesday, April 15

Today I woke up tired. School was pretty fun though because everyone asked me about the fire in Valparaiso. I guess it was actually a pretty big deal that I was there and had seen it start and everything. We had mass today because yesterday was Palm Sunday and Easter is this weekend. Catholic mass is so structured, with prayers, hand motions, and specific moments where you need to kneel down, but I’m actually getting used to it now. After school was basically a work day. I had to write in my blog, upload my Valpo pictures to Facebook, and do a lot of college research. I’ve now narrowed down my top two choices to Berkeley and UCLA, and I’m deciding between them. We ate once together. I love eating once with my family now because Lilian gets home from work around 6:30 so I don’t really see her, but once is our time to be all together and talk. We sit at the table for way longer than it takes to eat a piece of bread with cheese and avocado on top and just talk about everything. I love hearing their stories and telling them mine. They are such sweet people, and I love that they are receptive and laugh at my jokes and embarrassing stories instead of just kind of staring at me like I’m a nut job. After a lovely once, I took a shower, and lay in bed for a while watching the news before going to sleep. I’ve realized that I’m woefully uninformed about current events, and I’ve decided to change that before going off the college. However, the only channels that I’ve found are Chilean news, so ask me about the World Cup or the conflict between Bolivia and Chile and I’ve got you covered but other than that my knowledge is a little shaky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment