Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sunday, April 6

Today Katie and I woke up around 10, we got dressed and waited for her family to pack up their suitcases because they were all leaving for Santa Cruz that morning. They dropped me off at my house on their way. When I arrived, Nancy was still in bed, so I worked on my blog for a little while. Then she asked if I wanted to go with her to the Jumbo to buy supplies for the Spanish Paella we were planning on making for lunch. We went grocery shopping, and then when we got home, she taught me first how to make sopaipillas, then how to make tortillas, and finally, when Tia Ximena and Tio Mario arrived, she started on the Paella.

I took out my notebook of recipes and wrote everything down. I want to be able to bring all the amazing Chilean recipes that I’ve tried this year back to the US to share with everyone there. As we were making the paella, Tia Ximena remembered that she had tickets for the kids to go to the movies and she couldn’t take them because she was occupied cooking, so I took Vicente, Monse, and Laurie to see Sherman and Peabody. It was an animated movie about a talking dog, but it really wasn’t that bad. After the movie, while we were waiting for Tio Mario to pick us up, Monse got into a shopping cart and we took turns pushing her around the parking lot.
Mario picked us up, and when we got home the paella was almost ready. I sat down at the table with Eric and we talked for a while until the paella was served. It had about every possible type of meat in it, but it was also really good!
We sat around for a long time talking, and then it was time for the cousins to leave. Monse and I played Rio the play station game for a while, and then I took a shower and went to sleep early because I was feeling pretty drained after sleeping so badly the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment