Sunday, June 15, 2014

Tuesday, June 10

Today at school I gave Monse her birthday Oreo bonbons and the card I had made her. I told her how much I loved her and wished her a happy birthday. I wish I could have done more to celebrate with her but I didn’t have time.
After school, we had a barras rehearsal until 4:30. They were practicing lifts (like cheerleaders do) and it scared me a lot because they are totally unprofessional, they don’t have any coaches, and I just don’t want anyone to get hurt. After practice, I took a micro with Vicente (he was going home and lives really close to Katie) over to Katie’s house. Christine and Sally were there baking brownies. We ate brownies, and then ordered pizza from Papa John’s.
Ordering pizza in Spanish is hard especially when you don’t know the address of the house you’re out or the word for “delivery” in Spanish (it’s domicilio in case you were wondering hahaha learned that one the hard way). We ate pizza, and then Sally and I left to catch micros home in the dark. I arrived home around 8 to find my aunt, her daughter, and her daughter in law and two grandsons in the house. We sat around the table eating once (I just drank tea since I would have died if I’d eaten any more after the pizza) and talking. They’re super sweet women all three, and although the two little boys, 3 and 5, are absolutely crazy, it was fun to watch them terrorize the house for a while. The family left for Santiago around 10 and I took a shower and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment