Sunday, June 8, 2014

Thursday, June 5

Today at school was a pretty relaxed day. After school, I stayed for barras practice, where they taught me two new dances (I missed two days of practice so I was a little behind) that were extremely hard and sexier than I was used to. I love the dances, but they’re going to take a lot of practice before I can pull them off. At 4:30, I met up with Maxi and we took a collectivo together over to the San Martin house. I was planning on going to crossfit with Sally and then staying the night there. I walked in the door and Monse ran over and bear-hugged me. Then I went to the kitchen and caught up with Sra Adela for a while. I showed Sally and Monse my alianza dances, and we all had a dance party. Then Sra Adela served all us kids once.
It was just so normal; I almost felt like nothing had changed and it was just a normal day after school. I do like being an only child, but being with Monse and Maxi and Sally and always having someone to hang out with and laugh with and do exciting things with is also fun. Anyway, around 6:30, Sally and I took a collectivo over to the building where crossfit is held, and took part in the 1 hour class. It’s a bunch of exercises that you do for like 40 seconds and then take little 20 second breaks for an hour.

I had a lot of fun, but I’m definitely going to be sore for the next week. We got home and Eric was home. I sat at the table with my whole family (Nancy arrived later) eating pomegranate and talking to them until like 11. I filled them in on how I’ve been and how I’m feeling about having to go home so soon. They told me about the family activities they’ve been to recently and how everyone misses me. I honestly miss them all a lot too. We talked and laughed and it just felt like a normal night. I took a shower, and then Monse asked if she could brush out my tangly hair like she always used to. Then Maxi and I went to sit alone by the fire and we had a long talk about history, politics, and why Maxi should go on exchange. I think the distance that I have now between me and the whole family has made me realize how amazing they are and how much I love them and really do feel like they are my family. Sally and I went to sleep around midnight, and I felt so happy and at home with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment