Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sunday, February 2

Today I woke up later than I thought I would, so I had about 20 minutes to throw on clothes and get ready before I had to run out of Mariana’s house and catch and collectivo to Terminal O’Higgins to meet up with Katie, Sally, and Louis. We were going to a theme park in Santiago called Fantasilandia. We made it from Rancagua to Santiago and then had to take the metro and change lines once to get to Fantasilandia.
I was a little worried since we hadn’t been there before but it turned out to be really easy. We got into the park around 1, and we did a few rides before Sally decided she was starving and we had to go get food.
We waited in a line that took about a year, just to find out that they didn’t have any salad left, so I had to order a hamburger and then eat just the bun and the tomato. After lunch, we went on a couple more rides. While in line for a water ride, this guy came up to us and asked if we spoke English. He told us he was from Australia and had been staying with his cousins in Santiago for 2 months (he didn’t know a word of Spanish) and would be there a year. We talked with him the whole way through the line and he was super cool. We exchanged Facebook and maybe we’ll go up to Santiago to see him again.
It was really hilarious in all the lines we were in to watch the reactions of the people around us when they realized we were speaking English and to listen to the conversations about us that they had in Spanish without realizing that we could understand. Fantasilandia wasn’t all that great; it was more like the quality of rides that are at the OC Fair than at Disneyland.
Actually some of the same fair rides were there with the same names like G-Force and Insanity (sadly there was no Zipper), but we still had a great day together. Around 8:30 we went back down to the metro to get to the bus station. While I was walking up the steps of the metro to leave, a man came up behind me and touched my butt really forcefully. I jumped and screamed and was really grossed out, but there was nothing I could do about it so we just kept walking. We got on the bus to Rancagua around 9:40 and were home by 11. Katie W’s brother came to pick us up at the terminal and I stayed at her house that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment