Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Monday, January 20

Today I woke up around 9 and went for a run finally. I’ve really been neglecting my exercise and it’s showing in my weight, so I’ve decided to start running for 50 minutes instead of 30. I really need to stop gaining weight—I finally got up the courage to weigh myself and I’ve gained about 7 pounds!! Anyway, after my run, I showered, ate breakfast, and packed my suitcase because we were leaving that day to go to Talca for a week with our grandparents. Nancy invited me to go with her to wax her legs, and although I was scared, everyone here in Chile does it and they say it’s so much more practical than shaving every day, so I decided to try it. They pour this hot liquid wax on your leg, then wait a little while, then rip it off. It doesn’t hurt as badly as I expected it would, but it definitely does hurt. Anyway, when we got home, Maxi, Nancy, and I ate lunch. Side note—Sra Adela came back today after her month long recovery process from a surgery she had done. It’s so nice to have her back and not just because now we don’t have to do all the chores. I really did miss her company. Anyway, after lunch, while we were waiting to leave, Monse and Laurie (who was also coming with us to Talca), painted my nails and watched TV with me for a while. Then, finally, around 8, we were all ready to go and we made the 2 hour drive to Talca (Eric stayed at home because he has to work this week). When we got there, we drank some tea, ate watermelon, and sat outside and talked for a while. Around 12, I called Monchito. I told him the truth and I didn’t hold back. I’ve been feeling absolutely and totally neglected by Rotary these past 5 months. They don’t pay me my money on time and they owe me $200. They never ever invite me to meetings or to do things with the club. Monchito doesn’t call to check in on me ever, and he doesn’t even return my calls when I call him. He apologized, although he was a little angry with me too because he works a lot and he really doesn’t have time to be at my beck and call (which I understand now and I apologized to him for being so harsh) and he promised to be more attentive to my needs. I hope to be able to spend more time with him and actually get to know him and the rotary club before I leave. Anyway, by that time it was around 1 in the morning, and I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment