Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Friday, January 17

Today Katie and I woke up around 11 and went downstairs to have breakfast. We talked for a while about how much fun we had had the night before and then we watched TV for about an hour until I had to go home. I took the micro back to my house and arrived as the family was eating lunch. Then after lunch my mom put me into service preparing desserts for my aunt Cecilia’s birthday tomorrow night. I finished all the chilenitos and then the merengue.
Then I went and packed up my backpack for the weekend while having like a 3 hour Skype conversation with Ana. I know this sounds weird but I feel like I’m more myself when I talk to her. Like I remember who I used to be before and I change back into that person and that’s where I’m most comfortable. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing but it’s the truth. After a few hours Nancy came into my room and told me we were leaving so I hung up with Ana and went to help pack up the car. We packed quickly, and were on the way to Santiago around 8. We arrived at the house of Tia Irma around 9 and had dinner of humitas (tamales) which are a famous summertime food here in Chile. Then we drove over to Tia Cecilia’s house around 11. My cousin Nacho lives there, and so does cousin Benja, who is Monse’s age. We talked for a little while, but I was really tired, so around 2 I went upstairs and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment