Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Saturday, February 1

Today Mariana, Fernanda, and I woke up around 11 and sat talking in her room and playing cards for a while until Fernanda’s parents came to get her. Then Mariana and I sat around talking and downloading music. She laughed a lot that all the songs in Spanish that I know by heart are from the year 2000, but she was still impressed that I knew so many and she downloaded them so we could sing together. Then I took a shower and put on normal clothes and we made lunch. We were planning on making spaghetti with cream sauce, but she looked in the fridge and couldn’t find the cream. I suggested we put lemon juice on the spaghetti and she looked at me like I was crazy. She was brave and tried it anyway and actually ended up liking it a lot. I wish I could have told her that it was normal in the US to do that, but really I think it’s just me who likes to eat spaghetti hat way. Anyway, after lunch we sat outside for a long time on the balcony of her apartment and played a bunch of card games. She taught me how to play Rapidito and Conchasumadre (which is also a really bad word in Spanish). Around 8, Mariana went off to shower and get ready because more people were coming over for another get together that night. Augustin came over first, and they walked over to buy alcohol at a store nearby (Mariana is 18 so she’s actually allowed to drink and Augustin isn’t 18 but he does it anyway) and then we sat out on the balcony listening to reggaeton from the year 2000 and playing cards until Stefano and his cousin Luciano came over. Then we started playing drinking games with the card deck (Luciano doesn’t drink either so we just served ourselves soda and it actually made the game more fun because I didn’t really care if I lost and had to drink a whole glass of soda hahaha) and talking for a while. They all stayed over until like 2, and I had a lot of fun. I feel a lot closer to Augustin and Stefano now, and I know they are super hilarious and sweet. When they left, Mariana and I were both really tired after two nights in a row of staying up late, and so we went right to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment