Monday, October 21, 2013

Friday, October 18

Today at school was pretty boring. During one of the breaks, the seniors went outside on the back field and had a giant water/mud fight because today was their last day in uniform, so they didn’t have to worry about getting dirty. As we sat in math class listening to the teacher, we could hear screaming and laughing from the seniors just on the other side of the wall. I was so jealous. After school, Katie and I walked over to the costume shop to pick up our costumes for the party that night. Then we took a micro to the Jumbo to pick up a few last minute things Katie needed for her costume. We got some soft serve ice cream and walked back to my house. We were both feeling really tired and lazy, so we rested and watched YouTube videos for a while because we had to get our energy back for the party tonight. We ate dinner in my room while we watched Sweeny Todd, and then we put on our makeup, I curled my hair, and we put our costumes on. The theme was supposed to be good vs. evil, but I was a sailor and Katie was a cheerleader so neither of us actually went with the theme. When we were completely ready we still had about two hours until the party started, so we went to the kitchen to drink coffee and get our energy up to stay out super late and party. Then we Skyped with Katie’s family. They’re really nice and her brother is absolutely hilarious. It was cool finally meeting them after she’d told me so many stories about them. I felt like I already knew them even before I met them. My mom finally drove us over to the party around 10, and on the way we picked up Cata.
When we got to the party, I realized that it was going to be a lot of fun. Everyone was in costume, and I didn’t even recognize some people, but they were all being super nice and friendly (like I said before, it’s a lot easier to talk to new people at parties than it is to talk to them at school). We all danced a lot, and we took breaks to go outside and talk and take pictures.
It was kind of weird because there were teachers there chaperoning, but people were outside smoking a lot, and a bunch of kids showed up to the party drunk or brought alcohol in with them. Around 1 when the party ended, Cata’s mom came and picked me, Katie, Cata, Vale, Anto, Jose, and another guy that I don’t know up and took us to a nightclub called Kamikaze. A bunch of the seniors and some of the juniors were going there to continue the party. I didn’t really have a lot of hope that they were going to let us in when we didn’t have ID cards and couldn’t prove we were over 18, but they let everyone in. We sang karaoke (I didn’t because I didn’t know any of the songs in Spanish), and danced a bunch. They gave us wristbands for free drinks, and so I had my first experience ordering at a bar, even though I wasn’t drinking and I just ordered it for my friend Popi. Around 2:30 (way too early), my mom came to pick up me, Cata, and Katie. We dropped Cata off and Katie came back to my house to sleep over. We were so tired when we got home that we crashed around 3:30. I had such a great time, and I really want to go back to Kamikaze to dance some more. The parties here in Chile are so incredibly better than the parties in the US (or at least the ones I went which admittedly weren’t many).

No comments:

Post a Comment