Monday, May 26, 2014

Wednesday, May 21

Today I woke up late and relaxed in my room for a while (we didn’t have school because it is the anniversary of la Batalla de Iquique). Then I went with Lilian into the center to return a shirt she had bought from the mall and to stop for coffee. We walked through the center and had a really good talk. Then I got home, put on more layers because it was freezing outside, and got on a micro to go to Pablo’s house. Pablo lives by the Jumbo, which should take me about 15 minutes to reach, but this micro took a bunch of weird turns and ended up going all throughout Rancagua and arriving at the Jumbo 45 minutes later. I walked through the rain to get to Pablo’s house, and by the time I got there, all I wanted to do was stand next to the stove and get warm. Vicente and Dani were also there, and we talked for a while, and then played this super nerdy board game that Vicente had brought over called Catan. We all basically sucked and Vicente ended up winning by a lot. I had been planning on going home before it got dark so I would be able to get a micro without it being sketchy, but Pablo’s mom wanted me to try this pastry she was cooking, so she offered to drive me home later. We all sat in Pablo’s kitchen and drank tea and ate calzones rotos (literally translated to broken underwear). Then around 8:30, Pablo’s mom took me home. We rode in the car alone together, and she talked to me the whole way and was super incredibly friendly and sweet. She seemed truly interested in what I had to say. When I got home, I ate once with my family, and then showered and got ready for school the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment