Sunday, May 25, 2014

Monday, May 12

Today I had to finally go back to school after a relaxing week off. It was nice seeing my friends again and telling them all about my amazing time on Easter Island. After school  I went home for a little while to change clothes, and then I went to the Jumbo to buy a few things, then to Sally’s house to drop off some gifts I brought my family from the island (and to say hi since I hadn’t been to the house since I moved). I was planning on spending some time with Monse and Maxi and Sra Adela, but Sally said we had to leave immediately to go to the center to look for dresses and shoes for the gala we have on Friday night, so I just had to hug them and promise to visit soon and stay for more time. Sally and I took a collectivo to the center and ran around like crazies looking for dresses and shoes (and stopping to get some yummy fruit flavored frozen yogurt). Sally ended up deciding that dresses were expensive and she would use a dress she already has, and I found shoes for $24 and had already been planning on using my prom dress from the States. We hurried over to catch a collectivo back to the Jumbo so we wouldn’t be late to our 7:00 coffee date with our moms. When we all arrived, we sat down at Berezzi (the coffee shop in the Jumbo), and drank our coffees and talked for about 2 hours.
It was really nice to catch up with Nancy and to tell her everything that was going on in my life. I didn’t realize how much I missed her and valued her reactions to the things I tell her about what’s going on in my life. I really do feel like she’s my mom and I just want to hug her and have her tell me she loves me too. It was kind of an amazing realization. We finally went home around 9 because we had been sitting outside and it became too cold to bear, but we promised that we would have another mother daughter coffee date sometime soon. When Lilian and I got home, we ate once with Manuel, and then I went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment