Monday, May 26, 2014

Sunday, May 25

Today Katie and I woke up late, ate breakfast, and then went outside to wait for a micro to take Katie home. Saying goodbye to her was a little sad today because she is going home in a little less than 3 weeks (on June 14), and even though we know we will make the 6 hour drive to visit each other in the US, it will never be the same as living in the same city in Chile. Katie has been one of the most important parts of my whole exchange, she’s my best friend in the whole world, and I’m going to miss her so much. Anyway, after she left, I went upstairs to work on my blog for a while. Then my parents called me down and told me we were going out to Gatsby, a buffet in the mall in the center of town, for lunch.
We ate a lot of yummy food, then walked around the center of Rancagua for a while and took some of the family pictures that I had been wanting to take for so long.
Then we drove over to the nearby town of Rengo to look at some stone fountains and wooden furniture that they want to buy for the house.
Normally, today would have been incredibly boring, but it was fun because it was one of the first full days I’ve spent just hanging out with my family, and I’ve learned to make every single day I have like that count because I really don’t have many left. We got home around 6, and I went upstairs to continue working on my blog. We ate dinner around 8, and we were all feeling really lazy and tired, so the whole house went to bed around 9:30. It was a perfectly nice day with my new Chilean family.

No comments:

Post a Comment