Sunday, September 22, 2013

Thursday, September 12


Today at school was uneventful again. We had the accumulative PD4 test, and Katie and I decided to go to the library and talk instead of taking the test. While we were there we met up with Antonia and Daniel, who are here from Canada and New Zealand. Apparently they never go to class and they basically just go to the library all the time and talk and never take tests or do work. It was pretty fun to just be lazy and talk to them in English instead of going to class, but I don’t think I’m going to make it a habit because I really do want to learn here and I’m not going to learn much swapping exchange stories in the library with English speakers. After school, we had sports until 4:30. Then my mom picked me up and we went home. I talked to Maxi for a while, and then changed my clothes and went with Nancy to the art class she teaches every Thursday in the center of town. I like talking to the people there, and I like seeing what they make. They were really happy that I came back again, and they were interested to know how I was adjusting. The room where she teaches classes is right next to a phone service provider.
One of the men in the class offered to give me a tour of the center. I got to see all the machines that route the calls that come to and from Rancagua. Although I didn’t understand most of the Spanish (what with all of the technical, esoteric words), I understood the basic functions of each of the rooms he showed me, and it was all very interesting.
I like all of the little privileges I get because I’m an exchange student. People are always willing to show me things or explain things to me without thinking I’m weird for wanting to know. After the class, Nancy and I went to her massage appointment. We talked to the woman giving her a massage, and I read a book. When we finally got home, it was like 10:00, and I still had to shower, dry my hair, and prepare my dress for the next day. I didn’t get to sleep until like 11:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment