Sunday, September 22, 2013

Monday, September 9


Today we had to leave for school a little early to drop Nacho off at the train station. School was basically uneventful, except that this is the last week of the trimester and so the whole week we have accumulative tests that are like really important. Today was history, but I decided not to take the test because not only would I not understand much of the Spanish, I actually wasn’t here to learn most of the material. Instead of taking the test, I read a book (La Lista de Schindler—Schindler’s List in Spanish). After school, my friend Juan Diego invited me to go to the movies with him. We went to see City of Bones, which I had been wanting to see for a really long time because I read the books and they were really great. We watched the movie in English, and it was good, but not as great as I had hoped. After the movie, Juan Diego and I waited outside for his mom to come pick us up and we talked for a while.
He is really friendly, but I was starting to get worried that he liked me as more than a friend, and I don’t like him that way. His mom picked us up and took me home, where Nancy and Monse were waiting for me. We left immediately to go eat dinner at the home of one of Nancy’s art students. We stayed there for like 4 hours talking and laughing with a few of Nancy’s students. They were so friendly with me, and I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to understand most of the conversation. I had a great time, but by 11:00 I was ready to go home. I was really shocked that Nancy would keep Monse and I out so late on a school night, but nobody else seemed surprised that we were staying so late, so I guess it’s just a cultural thing. When we got home, I was so tired I could barely stand up, so I took a quick shower and went to bed without drying my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment