Monday, July 7, 2014

Sunday, June 29

I woke up at Cata’s house around 10, we ate breakfast together, and then she walked with my over to the Jumbo so I could get a collectivo back to my house. I arrived home, chilled in my room for a little while watching the Mexico world cup game (they also lost), and then we all went out to get lunch at this Chinese restaurant.
The food was good, and it was nice to just be calm and happy with my parents for a while. Then we started talking about my last day in Chile. I had been planning to go up to Santiago like at noon to have lunch with the San Martin family and all their various relatives who would be in Santiago that day to pick up Cristobal (who arrives July 13 in the morning). I told them that and they got a little offended because they thought I was saying that I didn’t want to be with them. I hadn’t thought that I would have to choose one family on my last day. I was almost in tears while they were getting all offended at me because it’s going to be hard enough to leave and I don’t want drama between the families to complicate it any more. We went home and I went up to my room to relax for a while. Later I went for a run, and by the time we sat down to eat once, I was relaxed again and had accepted that what will be will be. We ate once, talked for a while by the fire, and then I went upstairs and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment