Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sunday, July 6

Today I woke up around 10 and immediately went over to the San Martin house. It was supposed to be a surprise, but Sally had let it slip to me that Cristobal was getting home a week early as a surprise for his mom. When I arrived at the house, Cristobal had already arrived, surprised Nancy (who was actually furious because she had wanted to wait for him at the airport), and was out surprising his friends at their houses. Sally and I made key lime pie while he was gone, and it was ready by the time Cristobal and Vicente arrived back at the house. We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with the family, eating a big lunch, and just chilling with Maxi, Vicente, Cristobal, Sally, Monse, and I.
A little later on, Vicente and I invited all of Cristobal’s friends (who are also our friends) to a pick up soccer game at a field nearby. When they arrived, they were surprised to find Cristobal there playing. We all played (even me, although I am terrible and was dressed in jeans and tennis shoes not cleats) for about an hour, and then the San Martin offered to take me home. I live far away, and so when I saw that we were driving next to a collectivo that would take me to my house, I told Eric to stop the collectivo so I could get into it. It was a hilarious car chase while we tried to get the driver’s attention, but he finally pulled over, and I jumped out of the San Martins car and into his. I got home, took a shower, ate once with the family, and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment