Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Wednesday, December 11


Today I woke up really late after being so tired the day before, and it was way too hot outside to run, so I just got dressed and ate a late breakfast with the family before sitting outside and reading my book for about 2 hours. By the time I realized I was getting sunburned it was too late. Both my arms are absolutely bright red. The hole in the atmosphere is in the southern hemisphere, so I guess the sun is a whole lot stronger here than back home. Anyway I was bright red and peeling for the next week. I went back inside when they called me for lunch, and we ate all together. Then, Monse and Laurie asked me to help them fill up water balloons. I didn’t think it was going to work out, but filling up a few water balloons turned into this huge water war that lasted about 3 hours. Joaquin and Maxi joined in and we all put on our bathing suits and used water balloons, the hose, and kitchen pots filled with water to absolutely drench each other in the tiny front yard of my grandparents’ house. It was super awkward because Maxi’s friends from Talca whom I met months ago and hadn’t seen since passed by the house and I had to greet them with kisses on the cheek while I was in nothing but my bathing suit. Anyway, after we got tired, I changed into running clothes and went for a run. Then Maxi made pizza for dinner and we all ate together. Later, I helped my grandma make a Kuchen de Manzana. She made it one time when she was at our house in Rancagua and I absolutely fell in love with the thing, so she wanted to teach me the recipe. While it was cooking, we all walked over to the plaza nearby and played on the equipment for a little while. Then we went back and I was so tired that I couldn’t even stay awake for the nightly game of hide and go seek. I think I’m so tired lately because I didn’t sleep at all in Patagonia and now I’m recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment