Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Wednesday, December 25


Christmas day! Apparently I didn’t get the message that we were all going to sleep in really late today, so I got up around 10 and went for a run, and then showered, got dressed, wrote a little in my blog, and read my book for a while before the rest of my family got up around 2 in the afternoon. We went back over to my aunt and uncle’s house in the afternoon to eat a lunch of leftovers from Christmas dinner and hang out for a while. Monse, Maxi, Laurie, Vicente, and I went on a super long bike ride all throughout their huge neighborhood and stopped at a bunch of different playgrounds along the way. Then I Skyped with my mom and dad for a while to wish them a Merry Christmas. I thought that Skype call would make me sad and missing home, but it really didn’t. I think I’m incredibly lucky to be in a family here where I can really feel that I am accepted and loved. We had a small dinner and sat around drinking tea together for a while as a family. I told them stories of all the funny things that have happened to me here, and we had a great time. We ended up going home around 11 and I went to sleep pretty quickly after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment