Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Thursday, December 26


The day after Christmas was another fantastic day. I went for a run in the morning and when I got back, my mom told me that there had been an emergency somewhere in Rancagua and the water would be shut off until like 3 in the afternoon. It was really hot outside and I was grossly sweaty, but there was nothing I could do, so I cleaned my room and then went around doing house chores for a while. We did a deep clean, mopping and vacuuming, dusting, polishing wood, cleaning bathrooms, changing sheets, everything.
Then I finally got my shower and I took it happily. Around 5, I walked over to the Jumbo to hang out with my friend Pablo (hi Pablo here’s another shout out for you). While I was waiting for him, Vicente, Augustin, and Heian came up behind me and about scared me half to death. We hung out for a while and walked around the Jumbo while I waited for Pablo. When he finally came we all hung out a while and ate ice cream and rode skateboards in the Jumbo. They are some guys who really know how to have fun. I need to hang out more with them. Then they had to leave and so Pablo and I went outside and sat on the grass for a while. Katie W joined us a little while later and we all talked and hung out for a while. It was really fun because they are both incredibly sarcastic and hilarious people, and they treat me like I’m used to being treated by people in the US, meaning that they laugh and make fun of me (but in a nice way that’s funny), which not many people here do. Around 8, Katie and I said goodbye to Pablo and walked back to my house where our friend Coti was already waiting for us. We had planned to have a Christmas movie night, but we hadn’t seen her in so long that we just popped popcorn and sat in my room talking because we had so much to catch up on. I had missed her a lot and it was nice to spend some time together. Katie and Coti both left around 11 and I was really tired after a long day, so I went to sleep early.

No comments:

Post a Comment